A surprise visit from Kjirsten

Kjirsten is such a sweet girl, and only a few years older than me. One sunday in March, I attended Zoom YW with my mom, feeling sick. I looked at my phone and saw a text from her, asking her how I was, because I wasn’t saying very much in the class, which isn’t like me. 

I told her I wasn’t feeling very well and we chatted back and forth a bit, catching up. Then church was over and I sat in my room, trying to rest with my dad and sister in my room with me. The next thing I knew, my mom was saying, very suspiciously I might add, that I had a visitor. When I stood, she tried to flatten down my crazy hair, only making me more wary. When I stepped into the family room, Kjirsten’s warm hug greeted me -- I was so shocked I almost started crying! 

We sat down and started talking. She had brought her dog, so we cuddled as much as she would allow, being a conscious dog.
We chatted so much, both her parents and my family. Then I noticed the treat and little goody bag she had brought me with a few face masks, I did with my mom later, an apple, a bag of popcorn, and just the most kind card I’ve ever been given. 
Kjirsten is the nicest person here and I am so glad I have her as a role model in my YW class and as a person in general. 

- Savannah

0 comments:

Post a Comment