At the end of June, Elder Barnes arranged to have a fathers and sons like camp-out for the boys, so the girls and I enjoyed some girl time. We headed to the Riga Botanical Garden to check it out. It was a fun visit, and the girls enjoyed themselves, but at the end of June, there wasn't a whole lot to see. I think we missed the window for seeing flowers in bloom. This picture below is the best one I could get of vegetation and what flowers were left.



There were a few fun things for the girls to play with on the spacious acreage of the gardens.
The Butterfly House was the favorite. Unique, exotic plants and flowers in a greenhouse coupled with beautiful butterflies! It was hard to capture pics of them except for the few that posed. 





Part of the girl fun we had that weekend, was watching a chick flick, Steel Magnolias (with VidAngel to edit). I knew my girls would appreciate the unique personalities of all the women in the movie, along with the story line, although depressing as it is with death. I hadn't watched that movie in almost 20 years! It was fun to see it again with my girls, and to remember the drama class monologue I did from that movie my senior year of high school--it was the cemetery scene with the hysterical mom that's just lost her daughter. The scene still makes me cry, as it did the girls. We bonded through our tears! And of course after seeing the movie, the girls were excited to see that the botanical gardens had magnolia trees, however the flowers were not in bloom anymore. :(
The boys meanwhile, were having their own adventure staying at a camp with little cabins and doing a high ropes course. Here are some pics they took and Thomas' recap:
Here I'm singing, "I play Pokemon go" for a skit that Clark, Andrew and I did.
This is our tent I slept in with Clark, Andrew and Gustav's brother. My dad and everyone else slept in little cabins.
Our hike up the mountain to where we started the high ropes course.
The starting platform
Gustavs and I before we started. He's one of my best friends from church.
The map of the different ski runs in the winter when it's open.
Jacobs, Gustavs brother.
Getting our clamps and things on so we don't fall off.
This one was the hardest.
"I liked watching Thomas on the ropes course and seeing him overcome challenges as he came up to them." -Dad








0 comments: