Our little singer

We gave Rhea singing lessons for Christmas.  This girl is constantly singing, and has been for years.  I have videos of her as a three year-old out in front of our house walking around on rocks, twirling on the driveway, etc. as she's singing.  It was about time that we help her fine tune her beautiful instrument.  Sometimes we have to tell her to go to her room to sing or shut the door of her bedroom as she's singing (because we get it all the time!), but we love it, and wouldn't have her any other way!
Here's a sample from her first lesson:
This is what Rhea has to say about her lessons:
"I have singing lessons on Tuesdays.  I really like my singing lessons because I learn a lot.  It is fun and maybe a little tiring, but I have gotten used to how it works and I've started to like it.  I've learned a lot of songs that helped me to go higher or lower with notes like "The Lost Boy," "Creation Sings the Father's Song, "The Cave," and now I'm going to learn a new song.
In my first few lessons, I was scared to sing in front of my teacher, Gundega, but she taught me how to overcome my fears and let out my freedom to sing.  I have learned to overcome my fears and to exercise my mouth when I am about to sing.  Gundega understands how I feel and if the song is too hard, she knows and loosens the song up.  She is nice and I like her."

0 comments:

Post a Comment