Thanksgiving with the Willfords!


With the kids having school on Thanksgiving day (with projects due and tests to take, poor things!), Bri and I ran out to John Wang's for a good furniture hunt.  His place is an hour-hour and a half away depending on traffic, so it's been a year since we've been there.  But we love his place and his prices are cheap compared to other places in the city.  
We couldn't believe our eyes when we saw a piece of furniture that I found a year ago in a dark corner of his warehouse that wasn't for sale because he was just holding it for his friend (and the friend wasn't interested in selling it).  It was an apothecary cabinet with the names of the medicines in Mandarin on each of the drawers.  I loved it and couldn't get it out of my head and have been keeping my eyes open to see if I could find something similar to it, without any luck though.  Bri and I never expected to see it again, and only intended to see if there were any new pieces we would be interested in.  Unbelievably enough, the apothecary cabinet was out on the floor for sale with a price tag!  There wasn't much to deliberate at all.  We knew we wanted it, even a year later!  I know "stuff no mattah," but this was something I was grateful for on Thanksgiving.  :)
So as far as celebrating Thanksgiving, we invited our new friends the Willfords over.  They got here and out of quarantine in October, so they don't have their things yet.  Two of their girls are our girls' ages and school grades, and actually go to CISB as well.  So we thought it would be fun to get together to celebrate.  We made the turkey, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, mashed potatoes, cider, and our favorite cream cheese and pecan dip.  Sarah made green beans, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie muffins, and potato rolls (everybody's favorite, especially Thomas!).
After eating, we enjoyed playing games and visiting with each other.
And of course we couldn't get enough of Cocoa and loved cuddling with her and giving her a few little bites of turkey on her first Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment