Rhea: "My time in Latvia was good but some things were not so good. For example I had impetigo (Bacterial thing Highly contagious), but I don't have it anymore. This bacterial thing was so close to my eye and mouth. My mom thought maybe it was a fungal infection so we tried oils and rub on creams. It went on for a week or so when she decided to ask Aunt Misty who is a nurse if she knew what it was. She said that she thought it was impetigo. My mom had never heard of it, so she googled it and it seemed a perfect fit. So she put me on antibiotics that we had from the embassy nurse, and it started clearing up right away! Luckily this happened during the year of home schooling so I did not feel embarrassed. But I have my mom to thank for that."
This is when it first started:
Then it got bigger:
Here you can tell that the antibiotics started working and it started scabbing and then peeling off. Yay!
Eating a breakfast I helped my mom make with yellow peppers and eggs. It was good! I kept the impetigo covered because it was ugly. But the impetigo completely healed and you can't even tell where it was!
0 comments: