Rhea's first talk in Church

So one Sunday the Bishop asked me if I would be willing to talk in Sacrament the next week.  This was only a week or so after I became a part of the Young Women's program, but of course I said yes.  So I worked with my parents and soon I printed it out for church. I spoke about how the Book of Mormon has helped me stay close to the Savior.  At the same time, I was preparing to sing with Anna W., Sylvia G., and me. We were singing Walking with Jesus. I had gone over to Sylvia's house to rehearse and sing along with Sylvia's mom on the piano. On the day of the program, I was going to give my talk first and then someone else was going to speak and then we sing. Anna S., my friend from school, was also at church to hear my talk and hear my singing. When it was my turn to talk, I felt nervous but then I remembered that my dad had said to look at the tops of everyone head so I did and I gave my talk but I did not die!!!  So then it was time to sing and I came up with my group. I was soprano, Sylvia was middle, and Anna was alto and it was perfect. My family said there were proud of me and I was happy. And most of all I felt the spirit come in and it filled me with happiness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment