Savvy's crafts

Savannah is having fun with all the felting kits we gave her for her birthday, fabric that we gave her for Christmas, and the sewing machine she bought herself with babysitting money a few months ago.  She wanted to buy the same machine she was using in design class when she sewed a laptop bag for an assignment.  She's sewn pillow cases, a skirt, and a patch quilt with African fabrics I got from my coworker Nick in CLO.
Amazingly, she made this box!
First skirt!  Even decorated with some cute buttons!
And here she is making a dress from scratch with some fabric we got. I just love how she has no fear to try and create!  It's not an easy thing, but she had the vision for what she wanted!  Not wearable, but not bad at all for a beginner's first attempt!  I'm grateful we're in China where I can order sewing and art supplies pretty cheaply to give her access to the materials she needs to craft and art to her heart's content.
We had a RS activity that the YW were invited to.  Leave it to Savvy to actually finish the project, cuz I didn't!

0 comments:

Post a Comment