Bri's Birthday

I'm a little behind on some posts, so I'm playing catch-up. Bri had his 42nd birthday a few weeks ago!
The kids had this hanging up on the hall door so he would see it after he woke up.
I always love that I can tease Bri about how old he is because he'll always be older than me.  But instead of making him feel old, the kids and I wanted to remind him of how great he is and how he is still "Mr. Incredible" to us.  We call him Mr. Incredible because of his superpower ability to find things we have lost.  This was a self-dubbed name which the kids and I have humbly and whole-heartedly embraced as we recognize our need for him.  After struggling to find something and running out of steam to keep looking, we will call upon Bri saying, "Oh Mr. Incredible.  Can you find..." and it seems like its within minutes, sometimes even seconds that he will find it.  Immediately after he    finds it, he raises both arms in the air with fists clenched, and says in a loud superhero way,"I AM MR. INCREDIBLLLLLLEEEEE!!!!"
The day before his birthday we went to teach English class at the church.  While Briant was attending a baptism on the first floor, I taught the English students how to sing "Happy Birthday" in English.  We practiced singing and then when Briant returned from the baptism, we surprised him with singing.  Some of the English students were still at the baptism, so not all could be there.  But it was still a nice surprise for him.

So to feed his ego on his birthday, we had a "Mr. Incredible" theme.  If he had been turning 10, and I had been more on the ball to order supplies three weeks in advance, we would have had Mr. Incredible balloons, plates, cups, streamers, etc.  Instead, we made him a card and a week late, gave him a Mr. Incredible t-shirt and toys(he set those up in the bathroom to see every morning and before he goes to bed at night to help inspire even more "ego dreams" than he already has).

We spent a few hours at the embassy swimming and having Nerf gun wars.  Bri and Thomas were especially loving the space at the embassy to play.  The Nerf guns have added a whole new element of fun to our apartment living as well.  It's something else to do in the space we have since we don't have a yard or public place outside the embassy to play with them.
                                                 
Simple brownies and ice cream with a candle.  He put one candle in his brownie and lit it before we could put 41 more.  :)  The kids made him some notes and things for him.
Here’s Bri taking a nap on his birthday under a blanket given to us by our wonderful friend Marc when he drove our car out to Virginia for us.  He used it to cover up our stuff in the back of the car.  It’s one of our favorite blankets now!
 Bri, riding Thomas’ rip-stick after the kids went to bed.   42 years old, but still able to maneuver around on a skateboard.  He was feeling pretty great.  No “mid-life crisis” on his birthday this year. J

1 comments:

Post a Comment