On weekends, we have hours of time to kill that normally, back home, would be spent caring for the house and yard work, or at the park, in the neighborhood, with friends, running errands, etc. In the spring, I decided to look into "Kiwi" and "Tinker Crates" that I remembered my friend Mary mentioning a few years ago when she purchased them for her kids. I decided to buy a monthly subscription that automatically ships to the kids once a month, addressed to the kids in cute little boxes. I have not regretted the purchase! There are different themes to every month's box and everything in the kit is colorful, covered with cute graphics and all supplies needed for the activities--scissors, crayons, glue, paint, etc. It's wonderful for us here without having access to a Walmart or Joann's. The kids and I look forward with anticipation every month to the next theme and contents of the kit!
The girls get a "Kiwi crate" while Thomas gets a "Tinker crate." Right up his alley. Building circuits, trebuchets, flashlights with generators, hands with fingers controlled by pulleys, rockets, etc.
The girls get a "Kiwi crate" while Thomas gets a "Tinker crate." Right up his alley. Building circuits, trebuchets, flashlights with generators, hands with fingers controlled by pulleys, rockets, etc.
The girls have enjoyed themes of insects, bubbles, and shapes. Here are pics of their insect tic-tac-toe game and dragonflies that flew.
I'm sure we'll continue subscribing to the crates even after we return to the states! I know I could create kits that are cheaper, but the fact is, I wouldn't. It's a lot of work to plan meaningful themes and activities and purchase all of the supplies. I love the crates because everything is already done! They will be a fun part of our family memories in Angola.
0 comments: