It's official, winter is here! We were feeling nice and comfortable at 41 degrees, and then almost overnight, it went to 21 degrees. So now in the morning at 10:13am, it's about 14 degrees. As the small print says though, it "feels like 1 degree." No joke--with the humidity and wind especially, it's cold!
And indoors, our heater has decided to give us a little grief for about 3 days and will not budge from 14 degrees Celsius, which is about 57 degrees Fahrenheit. It's not central heating, but this portable wireless controller somehow controls the floor heaters. I think the cold has gotten to it and it's refusing to move. I don't blame it. ;) 
To cope, the girls and I who are home during the day, have had to put our cozy, fuzzy, extra warm robes on over our clothes, along with hats, a few pairs of socks, and blankets. It's also helped to drink something warm, so I've been making a lemon, cinnamon, ginger tea.
One of the things that I love about winter, is the contrast between the white snow and the sunrise in the sky. Thomas and I are both obsessed with sunrises and sunsets, so he helped me capture this sunrise as I drove him to school.Later that afternoon, at 3:30pm, as Rhea and I drove to pick Savannah up from horse riding lessons, I captured this sunset pic. Beautiful! I'm appreciating these sunsets and sunrises now because in a few short weeks, there is going to be a gray sky that will loom over us for months, refusing to move along.
A "kingly" bird or "queenly" bird at my neighbor's house, sitting atop its throne looking over their kingdom, unfazed by the cold.
And even if it's just a little snow, the kids don't care. They are outside playing in it!
This pic of the girls I captured from my other window, as they were watching new snow fall and were getting excited to go play in it again. Priceless expressions on their faces!
When going to pick Briant up from the embassy after work, I noticed they have the green and red lights on to be festive for Christmas!












0 comments: