Kicking off the Month of December

The International Women's Association holds a Christmas bizarre every year to raise money for charity.  People get together from the same country and bake, cook, and buy and sell foods and other items at the bizarre.  I love attending and seeing the unique items and crafts from every country.  Usually my kids and hubby are just excited for all the fun, exotic food. :)
After the bizarre, Briant and I dropped the kids off at the church for a gingerbread making Super Saturday that the Bloomfields had planned.  Then Bri and I ran back to check out the Riga Christmas market.
After Bri and I got our fill of the outdoor Christmas market (the kids' activity was over), we went back to the church and picked them up.  Luckily our kids showed up because they were the only ones there.  The Bloomfields always expressed their gratitude that our kids attended the Super Saturdays because for one reason or another, usually no one else came.

Sadly Rhea's house collapsed, but the kids all had creative designs of frosting and candy that we got to see before they ate them.  Rhea's not technically old enough to attend the activities yet, but the Bloomfields generously invited her and she was so excited to be included in the fun!
 You could tell the kids enjoyed making their houses!

 Sister Linda (on the right) with Sister Bloomfield, and her husband below.
It was a fun filled Saturday to kick off the month of December!

0 comments:

Post a Comment