Soccer season in Falls Church

Thomas enjoyed another soccer season, but this time in Falls Church.  It's been a while since he's been a part of a community team.  There were two teams from Falls Church.  Unfortunately, Owen and a few other friends from school were on the other team.  Thomas was happy though that both teams practiced together on the high school fields on Friday night together.  So many Fridays, Thomas went to Owen's to hang out and then they walked over to the high school for practice at 7pm.  Owen lived nice and close to the school.
We loved going to Thomas' games and supporting him.  The girls never complained about watching their brother play!  Dad snuck in some Mandarin studies before this game.
 Weirdly, Thomas' feet started hurting him over the summer and they have continued to, so it seems like he finished his games and practices in pain.  He "deals with it" during the game, but he is really in a lot of pain.  We've got to get him to a doctor to figure this out.  Here are the girls carrying him to the car after his game.  They're so good to their brother!
 Another Saturday game with the family cheering from the sidelines.  :)
 And another game with a sister helping him limp to the car in pain because of his feet.
The weather of the very last game helped us be okay with the fact that the season was ending.  It was miserably cold!  I was bundled up in 2 blankets, a coat, gloves, hat, etc.  I was still shivering!
Thomas was freezing during the game too!  I had suggested that he take a sweatshirt but he didn't think he needed it...until he did!  He borrowed one for part of the game, but when he had to give it back, he came running to me to be bundled up for walking to the car.  :)
We survived the weather and the soccer season.  Thomas had a lot of fun and I had fun cheering and yelling from the sidelines.  Every time he plays, it takes me back to my soccer days and I wish I could play again.  It's more fun to watch Thomas though with all of his fancy footwork!

0 comments:

Post a Comment