We're so proud of Rhea! She had told me about getting nominated for Husky of the month, but I didn't know she was featured on the large wall by the entry of the school. I went to the school to help provide adult supervision during the school musical tryouts for Mary Poppins. Both Savannah and Rhea wanted to try out, so I was glad I could volunteer and be there to help with the nervous jitters at the same time. So many talented kids tried out, so we weren't surprised when we got the news that they didn't make it. The girls took the news well, although Rhea really has wanted to be in a school play and was a little more emotional about not getting in. We're hoping an opportunity will arise in China.
But here Rhea was on the wall as I walked by. She got nominated for her kindness: "Rhea anticipates the needs of others, smiles at everyone, and cheerfully works will all kids." Mary Poppins play or not, Rhea is a quality girl, growing up beautifully with a big heart! We love her so much!

0 comments: