Jewelry making with Zanta

Rhea and I attended a Tibetan jewelry making session with Zanta, a Tibetan woman.  Catherine, in our building set it up, and I was so excited to attend.  I bought some jewelry from Zanta in November to send give our moms for Christmas presents.  I love her unique jewelry, and I was excited to learn more about Tibet.  Because we're diplomats, this will be as close to Tibet as we'll get. ;)
Zanta talked about Tibet while showing pictures.  It was fascinating to learn about her village, their income coming from selling milk and cream, how they make jewelry from coral, etc.
She's really a sweet lady.
She called the bracelet a "Great Wall Bracelet."  It took us some one on one time with Zanta to finally get it, but it was fun, and it turned out to be pretty.
Some antiques from Tibet - I think this one a little Kerosene lamp.
This one has two hooks on the end to hold up 2 buckets to help a woman milk a cow.
I enjoyed having a morning with Rhea, learning from Zanta and associating with other embassy women!

0 comments:

Post a Comment