Cocoa got fixed!


A few days after Christmas, we took sweet cocoa to get spayed.  I had a few days off of work and with the kids not having school, it was the perfect time to get the surgery done.  We didn't know how much special attention she would need, but we wanted to be available in case she needed us.  Before the surgery, I took her pictures and sent them to a printer guy so we could turn them in with paperwork to get her registered.  Funny how different she looks between the pics with her ears back and not back. 
We also decided to give her a bath since she couldn't be bathed until the surgery stitches came out after 10 days or so.
The girls and I went to the vet.  Savannah ended up leaving a little bit after we arrived, but it was nice to have the girls there to help calm Cocoa when we first got to the Vet.
I don't know how many times Cocoa has been in a car, but she did really well!
During the surgery, Rhea and I walked around.  We enjoyed a nice walk passing by BCIS and stopping at a grocery store for some snacks.  After a few hours, Cocoa came out wrapped in a fabric wrap that tied on her back.  We bought her the "cone of shame" but we really didn't need it.  The fabric kept her from licking or biting at the stitches. 
 Cocoa seemed to slow down in her motions because of pain.  She didn't want to jump up or down onto the couch or bed, or go running after things for 3-4 days.  We all hated witnessing her pain and just wanted to hold and love her! 
After a week, she seemed to move more freely with her stitches and to almost be back to normal!  After 2 weeks or so, we got the stitches out and we could take her little blue shirt off.  It was so nice to have her "back" - happy, playful, eating normally, etc.  We love this sweet dog and as we all say, "she's so cute I could just eat her!"  She's been a joyful blessing for our family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment