For New Year's day, Kyle and Alice C. invited us and two other couples to do paint by numbers that we bought on Taobao. Kyle gave us a link to a vendor that was selling paint by numbers of works by LDS artists. Surprisingly, there were a lot of Greg Olson's paintings along with some other older LDS paintings. Bri and I chose one of Mary holding baby Jesus that is not from an LDS artist, but we loved the colors and the style.
Lindsey and Travis S. and Amy and Travis T. were the other couples. We had a great time visiting with all of them as we painted. It was fun to hear stories of their dating, their kids, etc. while painting. We had a good laugh at the end when we could tell who the chatterboxes were and who focused more on the painting. ;)
I painted the bottom section of the painting while Bri worked on Mary's face on the top. He did so well! It looked amazingly realistic.
The kids spent their evening at the Sevy's house with the other families' kids, so they had a ball. They watched a version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, ate pizza, played games, etc. When we were cleaning up, they came over to the Curds, and the Curds gave the girls some other paintings that they knew there weren't going to finish. It was a fun evening and we appreciated the Curd's generosity with opening up their house to another fun event!On Monday following the painting event, Bri and I slept in, and then worked on our painting. It's so fun to see how it's turning out! Still have quite some time to put into it, but we'll get there. And maybe I'll finish up the other paint by numbers I've already started. ;)
0 comments: