Earlier this week, Savvy asked if I could go to her school and have lunch with her like I used to in Utah. So I found a break in one of my days where I wasn't running to the warehouse to pull stuff out of our packed UAB boxes, or driving into D.C. to pick up our Visas. I ate lunch and played on the playground with Savvy and then ate and played with Thomas who had lunch right after her. It was so fun to eat and talk with their friends and then play with them. It was a good break for me that I really needed from the stressful preparations I'm making to get us ready to move.
| As I was playing basketball with the boys, I had the thought, "Grandpa B. is the one that should be here playing with him! I don't know how to play!" |
I'm grateful for my loving kids. They actually wanted me there at school with them. Many of their friends asked me, "Why are you here?" I'm guessing that with working parents, there aren't a lot of opportunities for their parents to have lunch with them. My kids both asked me the next day if I could go for lunch again. "It was so fun mom!" they said. I'm glad. They gave me a ton of hugs throughout my time being with them--even in front of their friends and on the playground. Apparently they didn't get the memo that you're supposed to be embarrassed to be with your mom at school, especially to give her hugs in front of your friends. I'm relieved. I'm sure that time will come and I guess I'll have to be ready for that. For now, I'm eating it up.
0 comments: