Angolan dresses

The girls and I bought some Angolan dresses!  We love how comfortable they are!  The dresses are long on the girls, but still they each insisted on having one.  They definitely won't ever outgrow them.  The kids' primary president at church named Bea was wearing a dress with a headwrap a few months ago and I complimented her on it.  Her mom sells them she told me, and asked if I was interested in buying one.  I of course was, but then she left the country for a few months.  She returned and remembered to bring us some dresses to look at.  These are the ones we selected, along with one other one that I bought for myself with a headwrap (that Bea has to show me how to use).  A lot of women wear these dresses, although the masses here have a more Western style of dressing.  As a local pointed out to me a few months ago, Angola is different from other African countries in that they are more influenced by the West, especially Brazil.  They are concerned about fashion, having a good figure, etc. (too bad I think).  So while we see these dresses here, they are more commonly worn in their homes and not necessarily out in public.  We've decided that these dresses are wonderful for lounging around, especially on those days where you might feel a little bloated.  :)

1 comments:

Post a Comment