My new best friend :)

This is Zita, our new house cleaner!  Since I started working almost 30 hours a week (plus 1 hour of commuting on foot every day), I'm finding it hard to keep up on the bathrooms that are wall to wall tile and sweep and mop all of the tile in the house that is constantly covered in a layer of dust or dirt (that's how it is here in Angola--it might not help that I have found openings in the windows where the dust is probably flying in).  I'm also having a hard time keeping up on the kitchen and laundry, as well as organizing and reorganizing everything that my "three little pigs" touch (the kitchen, food pantry, fridge, closets, bathrooms, toys, etc.).  So Zita who has been looking for a job to help her hubby and their three boys, is going to come a few days a week to help me keep my head above water.  She is so detailed in what she does and I love that she's doing things that I haven't even asked her to do.  Today she pulled every single book off of the bookshelves to dust the tops of the books and the area behind the books.  I would never take the time to do that!  The kids keep saying how much they love her and how hard she works.  They're enjoying spring break home with me, so they've given me their input on her.  "Mom, she is such a hard worker.  You need to pay her MORE!"  They have no idea what we even pay her, or what is considered to be "good pay" for that matter, but they insist that whatever I'm giving her is not enough.  I'm glad to see that they're appreciating her efforts over the last few days as much as I am because that just might influence their desire to mess things up.  Maybe.  Let's just hope that we don't scare her off with our messes!

2 comments:

Post a Comment