I was caught off guard when I walked into our bedroom and
saw this beautiful sunset out our window. If I had waited longer, I'm sure the colors would have been more vibrant, but I had to get back to the other side of the house for dinner. We don’t see this view out any of the family room windows because they’re
facing the wrong direction, and usually around the time the sun is setting, we’re
eating dinner and doing the nighttime routine, all on the other side of the
house. It was wonderful to see such a
beautiful serene looking sky over the noisy, restless city.
Another wonderful discovery here in Angola (that they also eat in Brazil) is maracuja, which is some kind of passion fruit. You cut into it and then scoop the inside out. It caught Savvy by surprise when she cut into it on her own, expecting it to be like a pear or apple. I found it sitting on a shelf in the fridge with the top of it "put back on." A mess waiting to happen. :) It's very liquidy, with a lot of seeds. Luckily you're able to eat the seeds too so it's easy to prepare. Briant scooped it all out and added it to a fruit smoothie. We also had a maracuja cream pudding at the ambassador's house last week. It was divine! Maracuja is probably my favorite food here. It adds a nice fruity, crunchy texture to whatever it's in.
Yum!
Rachelle | April 3, 2015 at 10:13 AM
I want to try one!