Dad is getting old ;)

Briant just celebrated his 23rd, I mean 43rd birthday this week.  The Merrills were coming over for dinner anyway, so we decided to celebrate with them with some cake and ice cream.  Their daughter Jen is here visiting them, so we got to meet her as well.  Savvy wanted to make the cake for dad, so she was in charge of that.  We just used a boxed Gluten free cake so I could have some, and made the frosting from scratch.  Sister Merrill wanted to help make the frosting, so here are some pics of that fun!  She was awesome with Savvy and was wonderful to offer to help!
 Rhea made the 4 and 3 plastic bead numbers to stick on top of the cake as well, and amazingly I had candles!
 Savvy cut the cake and Rhea played the "Happy Birthday" song on the flute.  She's been learning to play the recorder, so as part of her gift to Dad, she practiced and learned how to play this song for him.  
After the Merrills left, the kids presented their gifts to Bri.  They each had homemade gifts that they'd been working on.  Savvy wrote a story and made something from the melted plastic beads, and Thomas made a "DAD" plastic bead thing, and Rhea wrote a poem and made something from the plastic beads as well.  Briant also picked out the blanket in the pics, for his birthday.  He is ready for Latvia!I'm glad he was born!

0 comments:

Post a Comment