TJ Field Day

Field day was held the last few days of school.  They set up 14 or 15 events around the school for the kids to participate in and then ended with music and dancing.  For Savannah, I got there after the events but got to see the kids get totally into the dancing and sung at the top of their lungs to every song!  Here's Savannah with two of her close friends, Eva and Sumera.




Savannah and her teacher Mrs. Fine.  A wonderful lady and teacher that deserves an extra award for teaching a class of 5th graders!  A fun and wonderful age, but a time of building insecurity, sarcasm, attitude and hormones.  Speaking of, the puberty unit was the talk of the last few months.  An awkward topic to learn about with your peers!  Ahh, the fun of elementary school.  Onto better--middle school?!?  ;)  Savannah did well though making friends and adjusting to Falls Church again and is now preparing mentally to leave.  She's going to miss the friends she made, but most of them are moving back abroad too as well, so we'll try an keep in touch through email!


After the 5th graders left, 3rd grade came out and I got to see Rhea do a few events before I had to leave.  The water games were a real relief from the heat of the day and the kids were not opposed to getting wet!




Ms. Fremuth was Rhea's teacher.  Rhea loves playing teacher, and I could tell exactly what kind of teacher Ms. Fremuth was by how Rhea sounded when she taught to her pretend students.  Rhea always said how kind and fun she was and I could tell how well she handled herself with her disobedient students by how Rhea played.  She will be known as probably one of Rhea's favorite teachers! Another good year with a caring teacher and Rhea grew and matured a lot this year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment