Riga Zoo

While Thomas was in Ukraine for the soccer tournament, we took the girls to the Riga Zoo.  It's on 41 acres of beautiful forested land at the entrance to the enormous Mezaparks preserve/complex in Riga, a perfect backdrop for zoo animals, especially at this time of year with its fall beauty.I don't really have anything to say except that they had a lot of animals like most zoos, but in this zoo, everything was very accessible, we had the place to ourselves, and we saw animals that were found in countries or regions closer to Latvia.  So there were some animals from Russia and Mongolia that I don't recall ever seeing before (didn't get pics of everything).
I enjoyed the animals, but I think I enjoyed watching my own two monkeys interacting more.  They had so much fun together, exploring the park, hanging on each other, and just laughing and being cute together.  I loved it!


 Right away upon seeing these raindeer, Savannah stuck leaves out for them to eat and we quickly discovered that they would only eat the yellow leaves.  They wouldn't even get close to it if it was brown.  Smart animals, knowing which leaves are soft and "fresh."This is an old electrical pole that we see all over the place from the Soviety era and that we could see lining the street after we left the zoo. 
And, here I am.  Out from behind the camera.  ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment