Just some pics I don't want to forget:
We haven't had any major snow yet. The most we've had is maybe a half to an inch of snow on the ground, and that has never lasted more than a day because it's not cold enough, and because there always seems to be a little rain to melt it. Locals say the weather has changed gears over the last five years with there being colder temperatures and more snow earlier. This California girl is okay with the slow start and is appreciating the warmer welcome to the Baltics! Needless to say, when it snowed the first time, I heard the front door slam and Rhea outside giggling and running around playing in it. Little did I know that she was out barefoot in it! I found these tracks a little while later as I was leaving the house with the kids to take them to school. At least it looks like she had the sense to walk on the balls of her feet only. Silly girl!
Another day when we got a little snow, there was still a little on the ground when Briant got home from work, with flurries still in the air, so he went out back with the kids for a little snowball fight. I should have gotten a picture of all of them, but here's how Rhea looked after.
Who dresses this girl! ;) She grabbed some of her warmer pajamas, put a long sleeve shirt under it, and stuck some snow pants on her. Her head, face, and clothes were pretty wet after!
Gearing up for the Baltic winter, Briant bought me these seriously soft, plush pajamas, all the way from China of course, and didn't wait until Christmas to give them to me! Here I am, moving ornaments around on the tree to space them out more evenly a few days after my kids helped to decorate it. ;) I can tell that these pajamas are going to be a good friend for me this winter. It's going to be tempting to stay in them all day!On this particular day, I was subbing in 2nd grade and had recess duty, so I caught this shot of Rhea and a few of her friends, Gundega and Sandra when lining up after recess. I can attest to the "getting ready for recess" process that these kids go through every day--hats, gloves, snow pants, jackets, scarves, and boots. And of course there's always that kid that can't find his/her other glove, or hat, or whatever. Definitely not the easy recess my kids got used to in Africa where they just grabbed their hat and water bottle on the way out the door!
We're really getting into the card games now that it's winter. Wacky Six is a new game Grandpa B gave us in a package he sent, and we are loving it!
A night of pizza and games with our friends around the corner. Carl, Sam, and Celeste. We watched them while their parents went out. It's always fun to be stuck indoors with friends!
Thomas and Briant playing "We Three Kings" with their Irish whistles as part of our Christmas caroling to our friends Tracey and Nicole's house. I can't believe their hands didn't freeze off!
Going to pick Briant up the other night, I noticed the green and red lights lighting up the embassy. This pic doesn't do justice, but I tried. :)






0 comments: