This is a good motto right now:
Panic is starting to set in all over the country because of the Coronavirus. For the past several days, I've been hearing about how the toilet paper shelves being empty, along with hand sanitizer, soaps, and cleaning supply shelves. Without knowing how far this virus will go, people are stocking their houses with the necessaries. The CDC has moved from calling this an "outbreak" to calling it a "Worldwide Pandemic." Those are not words that are used lightly.I've been at FSI doing Mandarin classes full time though and haven't been able to get to the store. Finally, over a few days time, we went to Aldi, Walmart, and Target to see what we could find. Amazingly, the shelves had been restocked a zillion times and emptied a zillion times according to the workers, and they had no idea what the schedule was for receiving more supplies. So we stocked up our freezer and pantry with food, but walked out every time without toilet paper, etc.







Here I am wearing my make-shift mask. I cut the bottom off of a pair of leggings that had a hole in them and it worked! I went to Aldi and actually found that they were low on food as well. I couldn't even find chicken and some basic produce items.



We call the kids down every time we return from the store so they can run down to the parking lot to help us carry everything in one trip. We felt a little more secure after our first shopping trips knowing that if we did get Covid, that we wouldn't have to leave the house for food. Not knowing what to prepare for can be a frustrating experience, but we're trying to anticipate the worst.



0 comments: