Fall at Chaoyang Park

 
I can never get enough of fall, especially at my favorite place in Beijing...Chaoyang Park.  The blue skies mixed with the fall colors and reflections in the ponds call me back every day for my morning exercise.
The lotus plants are dead, but I don't mind when they're surrounded by fall colors.  By the time we got out of our two week quarantine on Aug 28th and got a park pass a few weeks later, the pink flowers on the lotus plants had disappeared.  I hear they are amazing and look forward to seeing them next year!
I love seeing the people bundled up in their fall clothing of jackets and colorful hats and scarves.  It seems that I'm not the only one that loves strolling through the park!
 
Here are a few videos I've taken over the past few weeks of my morning time in the park.  I always find doers of Tai Chi, dance groups of different genres, individual people singing or playing flutes, flying kites, etc.  Most of these are senior citizens aging beautifully and actively in a social community that seems to support each other.  I've never seen anything like it!

I think these men have kites in the cases that they're carrying.  We have some regular kite fliers in the park that are amazing with their ability to control the kite and fly with low wind.  Very entertaining!

Over the weekend, Thomas and Rhea went for a walk with me to scout out good places to take their fall pictures later in the week.
 
I have a feeling our storage space is going to shrink quite a bit with all of the fall pictures at Chaoyang Park I'm going to be taking over the next four years!

0 comments:

Post a Comment