Leaf collecting

 

I love fall, and I've been loving fall here in Beijing.  We've been slowly watching leaves fall with the different weather conditions of wind and rain, but this particular morning when I went out for my morning exercise at Chaoyang Park, I noticed that overnight, because of wind, a lot of the leaves had fallen to the ground.  I thought that I'd better collect leaves now before they disappear.  So after exercising, I texted my friend and neighbor Amy to see if she wanted me to take Gordon, her 18 month old, outside with me to collect leaves and give her a break.  She loved the idea of going out with me, so they both joined me after getting our jackets on. 

We had a nice walk around the block starting in front of our apartment building.

Funny enough, when I was walking to exercise at the park, all of these leaves were on the ground, so I snapped a picture of them.  When I went back with Amy and Gordon, they were already gone.  They had been swept up by men that are constantly sweeping and cleaning the streets.  
 
This is the type of broom they use when sweeping the sidewalks. 
So we had to do most of our leaf collecting from the bushes.
I got home with a nice collection of sizes and colors, and decided not to worry about pressing them all.  So I threw some out on the table to decorate with and enjoy now, and threw the rest into books to press. 
Luckily our friend Amber was getting rid of a few books, so those were the ones I used to press them since we still don't have our UAB or HHE.
 
It's sad for me to say goodbye to Fall, but I'm glad we get little pieces of it in our home until it's time to decorate for Christmas.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment