Valentine's Day was full of love again. It started with cute and cuddly stuffed animals for the kids (you're never too old!) and homemade gluten free mini chocolate cakes with chocolate truffles inside.
Savannah made the cakes with her friend Mari W. a few days before Valentine's day. Mari's family is gluten free, and knowing that I am gluten free too, she invited Savvy over to make cakes for us too. I can't remember the last time I had cake! Savvy was so excited to share her efforts, and we all appreciated her and gobbled the cakes up!
Bri enjoyed some milk with his. Yum!
Bri and I went to dinner to celebrate Valentine's day. We've been wanting the try the Mongolian Hot Pot, so crossed our fingers that they wouldn't be busy, and they weren't. In fact, we were the first people there, a half-hour before they opened for dinner.

We were seated first, and received instructions on what to do. This was a first for us, so we had no idea how things worked.
Here are the instructions we received. They bring you a pot with broth and set it on a little "stove" in the middle of the table. We ordered different kinds of noodles, meat, and veggies too, which we dipped into the broth to cook. Some things needed a few minutes to cook, while other things only needed 10-15 seconds to cook.
We got broth that was half spicy and half regular.


A good sized spread of food! We figured out what we would order again or not order again the next time we go. We definitely had our favorites. :)

Notice the way I'm holding the chopsticks. I'm hoping I'll get them figured out after living in China for 4 years!

Hard to believe this is our 21st Valentine's day together! 💓



0 comments: