Rhea's 6th grade Dance and Etiquette class

Words of Rhea:  When I first started our 6th grade promenade dance and etiquette class, I felt nervous.  It was 5 weeks long, on Friday nights.  The people I danced with were my class members and at school the next day we would feel awkward. But it was exciting having "pre-party pizza and dress up" before the dance.  Some parents offered to host these pizza parties at their house an hour before our class.  It was so fun!
 After the parties, we carpooled to the high school for the class.  It was fun seeing the boys dressed in suits and trying to act professional.  We would do the waltz and the electric slide. We would twirl and sway for the Electric slide.  The girls would put their hands in the boys hands and we would sway.
During the first class, my parents chaperoned and because we were one girl short, my mom volunteered to step in so no one had to be without a partner.  She had to bend her knees so she was shorter!  My mom was especially helpful with one of the dances that I could not do but my mom could do it.
    In the middle of the dance, we would have a break for the bathroom and a little snack.  After we would learn about other dances. Along with dancing, we learned some basic etiquette.  We learned about how to help a lady to her chair and to ask to dance with her. We also learned about sitting properly and how to write a Thank You card.
Then after one of the dances, I asked mom if we could go to Sweet Frog for some ice cream. She said yes so me and Anna and Sylvia and another girl, had fun putting sweet toppings on the ice cream.  My parents ended up paying for everyone which they were happy to do.  But they decided it would be our first and last visit to Sweet Frog since all of our not very full cups cost $7.00 each!At the last promenade night, we had a party with ice cream and soda at the end and we danced and danced and danced and won prizes and said good bye.
I am glad I took the class because I could see my friends and dance, and have that experience and I will always have those memories of my 6th grade year. I feel sad that it is over but I am glad I got to do that with my family and friends.  I'm grateful that my parents let me do it because it cost them $100!  A lot of my friends actually had to pay for it themselves, but my parents paid for me.  I love them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment