Fragrant Hills Park

 
Amy, Amber and I headed to "Fragrant Hills Park" (Xiangshan Park) to try and see some of the famously red fall leaves.  Everything was still very green as I thought they would be, but I joined the outing and enjoyed seeing new sites and being with friends.
 
The park is centuries old.  It was first built in 1186 and has been expanded over the years.  In 1745, the emperor of the Qing dynasty added more pavilions, halls, gardens, etc.
 
I always enjoy seeing English translations!


Temple
Food offerings at the doors of the temple
On the corners of roofs, there are statues.  Amber said that she learned that the number of statues tell of the importance of the person that lives there.
Amy's kids didn't have school, so all three of her cute boys joined us.
Quail eggs on skewers, along with stretched potatoes. 
We didn't know for sure what they were on the sticks, so she pulled out an egg to show us and then Google translate helped us figure out the animal the eggs came from.
I was hesitant because I didn't know if I would like the eggs, but they actually tasted exactly like chicken eggs but smaller.  The lady also put a spicy sauce on them that made it more flavorful.
           Rocket found some hot dogs he loved and little Gordon chowed down on corn on the cob.

0 comments:

Post a Comment