What you can do with cardboard boxes

We have internet again!!  We’ve been without internet for 4 weeks now.  Not an easy thing to do!  We paid for the internet five weeks ago when we found out we would be moving in to our permanent apartment, but it took this long for them to hook it up.  Long story…maybe someday I’ll have the desire to write about it.  For now, I want to catch up on our lives over the last month.  

As much as I'm tired of seeing boxes after all of the moving this year (2 big moves, and 2 smaller moves here in Angola), I'm glad to see the kids getting some use out of them!  Here are a few ways the kids used them in our temporary housing before we moved:
Savvy set up a personal office space, pinning her drawings and supply holders onto the boxes.   


You never know when you need a ninja sword in your office.  :)
Rhea made a teaching area where she could play school.
Savvy created a "sled" for Rudolph that we got from G-ma and G-pa P.

And Thomas, cut a box apart and then connected the pieces back together by overlapping them.  This made it look like a box that was in one piece still.  He called me in the kitchen and said, "I'm tired of this box mom," then threw it in the air and kicked it, so it seemed like he was really strong and kicked the box into pieces.  I had him put it back together and kick it again for a picture.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment