Charmhee has been an amazing friend since we moved here to Beijing. She's Korean, and she used to live in Beijing (that's where she met her husband years ago), so she speaks beautiful Chinese, Korean, and Japanese too from their previous post in Japan. She has brought me yummy salads, spring rolls, chestnuts and other treats, Korean sweet potatoes, etc. She even brings the food on beautiful dishes!
She has shown me how to buy the Korean sweet potatoes, amazing mangoes, and other hard to find foods. She's taken me to grocery stores she thought would be helpful to me, and to restaurants that carry gluten free foods I would enjoy. And a month ago, after I randomly asked her if she knew where I could find a taller broom, she came home with one for me from an antique shop. It has a beautiful wooden handle and natural bristles. She's so amazingly selfless! She has also planned multiple excursions/hikes that she's invited us to join, so we've benefited from her hard work in finding a location, driver, etc. and have loved her family's company on those day trips. Such fun memories!
She has shown me how to buy the Korean sweet potatoes, amazing mangoes, and other hard to find foods. She's taken me to grocery stores she thought would be helpful to me, and to restaurants that carry gluten free foods I would enjoy. And a month ago, after I randomly asked her if she knew where I could find a taller broom, she came home with one for me from an antique shop. It has a beautiful wooden handle and natural bristles. She's so amazingly selfless! She has also planned multiple excursions/hikes that she's invited us to join, so we've benefited from her hard work in finding a location, driver, etc. and have loved her family's company on those day trips. Such fun memories!
During spring break, she invited us to her apartment to learn how to make the spring rolls. I found some Vietnamese rice paper and Charmhee supplied everything else. She made it all so easy for us to learn, and the rolls were delicious!









I am so grateful to have good friends like Charmhee here! I only wish I was as good as cook as she was! I told her that she should write a recipe book and I would tell everyone about them and sell them all. :) What an amazing lady. I'm grateful for her friendship and example in my life!
0 comments: