General Conference Weekend

Living abroad, we always have to wait a week after General Conference, to actually watch General Conference!  We wait with anticipation for the six months of waiting to be over, and then while family and friends are watching Conference back home, we have to wait for the next weekend!  We were finally excited to hunker down for the weekend with our Conference Bucks (Chinese style this time), buy some snacks from the General Conference Store, and listen to our leaders while soaking up the spirit.  
These were snacks for the first morning session that everyone could "buy" with their free $2 of Conference Bucks.  After each session, the kids had a chance to earn $2 more to buy snacks for the next session by answering two questions from the previous session.  They all did really well knowing the details of stories they heard or explaining talk topics!  Savannah took great notes that she could use as cheat sheets.  I like to reward the notetaking.  ;)  I tried to buy healthier snacks for the morning sessions, but of course by the afternoon, we had sodas, Oreos, etc.  The variety of snacks that the kids would "approve" of here, are not as high as they would be in the States.  But I did my best, and I think everyone was satisfied. ;)As usual, all of the sessions were wonderful, and I appreciated the messages and spirit felt.  It was wonderful to hear of 20 new temples to be built as well.  I was asked right before the Saturday morning session, to speak the next week in District conference on the topic of "Saving the Rising Generation."  So my ears were listening for things I needed to hear for my talk.  Sister Joy Jones gave a wonderful talk that focused perfectly on my topic.  Her message was beautiful and much needed.  
For the priesthood session, Thomas and Bri hosted the downtown young men and their dads who wanted to come over and watch the session together.  It was nice to have some other priesthood holders to watch the session with!  A good looking group!

0 comments:

Post a Comment