Happy 48th Birthday dad!



Dad's birthday was on a Monday, so I texted a few of his colleagues that are in language with him and told them it was his birthday so they could embarrass him by singing to him.  They got right on it!  ;)

Sally was working in the afternoon when I was getting ready to decorate and put the finishing touches on things.  She offered to blow up balloons, and then she took it upon herself to write some phrases on them.  She pulled out her translation app to make sure she was saying things right. 

And that's when I was reminded that translating isn't as easy as we want it to be, especially with imperfect apps.  "Pepsi in almost every" was the phrase on this balloon, haha!   I didn't even know how to explain to Sally what was wrong with this phrase.  I had no idea what she was trying to say! 

She was so happy to help and I was happy to have her help and add her Chinese personality to the celebration.While she was working on the balloons, I was trying to finish up our Mr. Incredible wood doll.  Bri has a lot of fun playing with them, and I gave him one for Christmas, but we didn't have any painted to look like him--Mr. Incredible as we call him, for his incredible finding ability when we lose things.  Savannah painted the clothes and shoes, but I had to finish the "i,"his eyes and hair, and gold belt.

Bri got home luckily after we finished everything.  So after eating dinner, we sang "Happy Birthday" and ate strawberry shortcake.
Dad was doing a funny voice that he does by sticking his tongue out.  We had a good laugh to kick off the celebrating.
I took the caricatures that we had drawn on a street in Lisbon two years ago during a spring break trip, to be framed.  Funny how not much has changed!
I also screenshotted and enlarged one of our favorite scenes from our new favorite series called "The Chosen."  We love the depiction of Christ and how he chose His disciples.  It's so good!  I knew Bri loved this picture and I did too, so it made it onto our wall as the picture of the Savior we were missing!
 
Thomas designed something for dad.  Dad's tacos are a favorite so he went with a taco theme.  I had the taco card holder, so we put chocolate bars inside it.
After opening presents, Bri amused me and helped me hang up all the pictures. At last, plain Mr. Wood has a friend to play with.  Or maybe they'll turn out to be archenemies...we shall see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment