Branch Talent Show

Elder and Sister Bloomfield and the Young Adult leaders planned a wonderful talent show for our branch. 
Edgars, a young single adult, was the emcee.  He did a great job, and it was wonderful for us when he interjected little things here and there in English.
 Briant and I could only stay for about 5 performances because we had a surprise birthday party to attend, but the kids got to stay with the Bloomfields.  It started out with the missionaries performing a choreographed dance to "Under the Sea" from Little Mermaid.  It was really cute and comical with their goggles on their faces!
Then Marta, an amazing seamstress and wedding dress maker, showed a video of her dresses (that her fiance made from one of her "fashion shows" in Cesis), and she also had a few sisters from the branch model a few of her dresses.  I love Marta.  She's one of the most smiley and sweet Latvians I know!  We're so happy for her because this month she'll be getting married to Ezra, an Australian that she met at a church conference in Sweden.

 I was proud of my kids for performing in the talent show as well!  I've always been afraid of performing in talent shows, but they don't even seem to think twice about it!  Thomas played "1,000 Cherry Blossoms" on the piano.  It's a Japanese song called "Senbonzakura."
 Savannah and Rhea sang "Away in a Manger," with Briant accompanying them on the Melodica.
Marta with a few young moms Kristiana and Liga.

Elder Bloomfield

Peter (he helped out in Primary a lot because he's a fluent English speaker since he lived in Australia).

What I also loved about the talent show, is that Elder and Sister Bloomfield had a table where handicrafts and things could be displayed.
Savannah at first wasn't going to sing with Rhea, so she was all excited about displaying blankets she's crocheted, along with creations she's made from cardboard for her stuffed animal hamster.  She made a house, boat, hat, oar, cape, shield, and shoes for him.  We're studying about Japan right now in homeschooling, so the samurai may have been inspired by that unit of study.  ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment