Every chance I get, I try to capture the kids in the fall leaves and colors, so of course this year was no exception. The leaves started turning, and immediately I got excited. I decided that with Briant having a work holiday, we would run out with him to Sigulda where the leaves are famous for their bright colors around the medieval castle ruins. The girls had fun running around, and I was so glad I had my camera ready to capture this picture of them holding hands with smiles and all!
Rhea's patience for smiling and posing for the camera ran out a lot faster than I was expecting, but I think I got her natural, contagious smile before she pooped out.
Savannah was excited to take pictures and she was fine to try new poses and backgrounds. It was cold enough to start out in a coat, so she wore my coat that she "adopted" last winter. I'll probably never see it again. ;)
Thomas got school pictures taken, but those pictures never get framed in our house. They're more for the photo album and for a good laugh. ;) I much prefer a natural backdrop to their smiles. Thomas was at school when we went to Sigulda, so a few weeks later, I took him outside around our neighborhood before the fall colors disappeared. Luckily, a housing complex around the corner has a park with a large pond. Thomas had been feeling sick with a fever that weekend, so I'm glad he felt good enough to smile! A haircut before the pics would have been nice though.
I love these kiddos. Hard to believe how they're growing up! Here's a pic from last year from Sigulda. :) Hard to believe how each year flies by. We're in our last year here in Latvia, and we'll have only 4-5 years left with Thomas and Savannah at home. Don't know if I'm ready for this next stage yet. Already Savannah is eye level with me, and I'm sure she'll pass me up before we leave here. I'll be looking up to my daughter. But in many ways, I kind of already do. :)












0 comments: