Thomas' Robotics trip

Thomas has enjoyed getting involved at ISL with robotics. Last year he did robotics as an after school activity, but they didn't travel. So he was excited that this year he was getting the opportunity to travel to Warsaw, Poland to participate in a competition. The kids were split into two teams, and Thomas reported weekly that the team he was on was dysfuntional in their communication, team unity, and assignments. So, he pretty much stayed in robotics so he could travel with his friends. :)

Thomas' memories: "I almost didn’t make the Robotics team but a few weeks before the team was traveling, I was added to the team. I was on Palus’ team, (Gundega’s brother). Elise was the other team's captain. We had lots of problems with Palus. He wouldn’t listen to us, so our robot didn’t have any programs when we left for the competition in Poland. NONE. we were supposed to have all of them… Jaden and David were on my team though so I wasn’t all by myself. We had to come up with the programs there but I couldn’t do it because I didn't bring my computer. So I just sat around.  Jaden and I stayed with a Korean family that hosted us. Jayden is Korean too so that was really fun. We played Fifa 17 which was fun and talked at night. We went to the mall one night with Talia, Elise, Jaden, David, and me. That was fun."

The girls and I watched during the day from home.  The school gave us a link where we could watch the competition live.  Pretty cool to see Thomas, although we had to remind ourselves that he didn't know when we were watching and that the kids couldn't talk to us, although once in a while Elise would wave.  ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment