Exploring our neighborhood and school

Kendra, our sponsor, met us at Maxima, one of the larger grocery stores to help us with school shopping.  I had received a list of supplies with notebooks and paper sizes that we don't carry in the States.  So she met us there and helped us (thank goodness cuz that was overwhelming!), and then the kids and I stayed a little longer to get more groceries.  One thing I didn't expect to find were roller blades...for $5.50 Euros, about $6.50 US dollars!  Score!  They only had two pairs left that would fit the kids, but I bought them both, so the girls took them for a spin when we got home.This forest right across from our neighborhood.  You actually have to have a yearly pass to enter, about $30 a month, so we can't go in yet.  We're too cheap to buy one right now since we have friends that have offered to share it. :)Coming back to the house, I was admiring our hydrangea bush.  It's a first for me, and they're some of my favorite flowers, so I feel lucky.
 We also headed to ISL, the International School of Latvia, to meet the teachers and for the kids to get a tour of the school so they would feel settled starting school the next day.  We only had about 5 days after we arrived that school started, but I think it has helped my kids with the transition as it gave them instant and easy opportunities to meet people, be active and out of the house, etc.  I was impressed with the staff, so I'm hopeful for a good year.
 After a few hours of meetings for me, this is where I found the kids:

0 comments:

Post a Comment