Rhea's 9th birthday

Rhea's birthday was on a Friday, so we opened presents in the morning before school and work.Savvy made a little sign with Rhea's initial on it.  Creative, thoughtful, and cute--that's Savvy!Rhea's pretending to blow out her candles.  I bought everything else but forgot the lighter.  :(Rhea just rolled with it and made her wish.  She's so easy going and appreciative of any effort to help her and make her happy that she would never complain.  She said in a cheery voice, "It's ok mom."  We love Rhea for many reasons, one of which is simply because she's our daughter, but she has a lot of admirable qualities.  I have learned so much from her as her mother and appreciate what she has taught me about love, patience, being happy and "ok" with what life throws at you, forgiveness, and much more.  We're glad you're our daughter Rhea and we're glad you were born to us! 
I walked to one of the little grocery stores over by the school and bought some treats to take into her class too so they could sing to her.  And some cute "sunshiney" flowers that reminded me of her.  I agonized over what treats to take, mostly because I didn't know what the candies were because I couldn't read the ingredients in Latvian.  I was also trying to avoid allergy foods.  I ended up with a few things, and the kids seemed to like them so I think it turned out ok.Not a huge party or anything because we just moved here and don't know many people, but we watched a movie as a family that night as she requested and ate cake.  What else do you really need?  ;)  We also sang to her in the states with Grandpa and Grandma Becky before we left!

0 comments:

Post a Comment