ISL is a nice campus. They're actually working on expanding the parking lot and campus in the back to include a theater this year as well. Construction has already begun. It will be fun to see how things change over the next few years.
Hard to believe how these kids are growing. Thomas is already going into 7th grade, Savannah into 6th, and Rhea into 4th! I'm so proud of them for their ability to adjust to and accept their new surroundings and circumstances. I remember the butterflies I had in my stomach on the first day of school at a school I was familiar with because I went to it every year. So I can only imagine how much harder it would be to start over, yet again, not in Angola, not in Virginia, but in Latvia now. They're troopers, and they do it with a smile too!
Hard to believe how these kids are growing. Thomas is already going into 7th grade, Savannah into 6th, and Rhea into 4th! I'm so proud of them for their ability to adjust to and accept their new surroundings and circumstances. I remember the butterflies I had in my stomach on the first day of school at a school I was familiar with because I went to it every year. So I can only imagine how much harder it would be to start over, yet again, not in Angola, not in Virginia, but in Latvia now. They're troopers, and they do it with a smile too!
Behind Rhea is Celeste, from the embassy that she had played with before the first day, as well as Celeste's friend Emily.
Andrew, the blonde, is also a boy from church and the embassy. Familiar faces helped Rhea I think.
Savvy was especially nervous. We had a lot of hugs that morning and as we waited for the flag ceremony to begin. But it helped that she already knew Zara! First day of middle school can be a little intimidating!
And Zara helped introduce Savannah to a few other girls.
Poor Thomas didn't have anyone that he knew going into 7th grade, but it didn't seem to bother him. He quietly waited for school to start and kept saying that he wasn't nervous! Probably because I was nervous for him!
Flag ceremony where the director welcomed everyone to the new school year.
Time for school...
And time for the moms to get together for a little breakfast and visit. Here's Kendra with Cherylyn, a friend of my friend (Leslie) from Virginia. We go to church with her as well. Small world!
After school, I picked the kids up and we walked around the corner to one of the little grocery stores. I let them pick out a "first day of school treat" that we could eat on our walk home. It's about a 17 minute walk and I knew they would be hungry and deserved a little prize for surviving their first day.
Beautiful open path next to a forest to walk home.
And the best thing of all was the large caterpillar that Rhea spotted and played with before we went home. I can't say that I've ever seen one that large before!


Time for school...
And time for the moms to get together for a little breakfast and visit. Here's Kendra with Cherylyn, a friend of my friend (Leslie) from Virginia. We go to church with her as well. Small world!
After school, I picked the kids up and we walked around the corner to one of the little grocery stores. I let them pick out a "first day of school treat" that we could eat on our walk home. It's about a 17 minute walk and I knew they would be hungry and deserved a little prize for surviving their first day.
Beautiful open path next to a forest to walk home.
And the best thing of all was the large caterpillar that Rhea spotted and played with before we went home. I can't say that I've ever seen one that large before!





0 comments: