General Conference



In the words of Savannah:  This April General Conference for The Church was so different than any I've ever experienced in my life!  Because of Covid-19, no one was allowed to attend except the speakers who were sitting in chairs 6 feet apart.  It was weird, but we got used to it pretty quick, and it was good to hear from our leaders.  It was a special conference because we were celebrating the 200th year since Joseph Smith's first vision in the spring of 1820 and President Nelson said that it was going to be an "unforgettable conference."  Little did we know that it was going to be unforgettable because of the circumstances with Covid-19!

I don’t know what it was, but I felt like I got a lot out of the conference.  I took notes and filled up at least 7 pages. Maybe more. Don't think I had a favorite talk. All of it was so good.  I really liked the story that Sister Bonnie Cordon gave about letting your light shine on the pasture for others to see.  I just thought that was really cool.The Tabernacle Choir was shown singing in prerecorded performances and the speakers spoke from a building on Temple Square.During the rest hymn, the kids may have gotten some of their antsy energy out. :)My mom has this new thing we do that we've done the past few conferences. Basically we listen and take notes of the sessions, and in between the sessions she asks us questions based on the session we just watched. Then, if we answer the questions correctly (2), we get two conference bucks and we can buy food or candy with them at the “General Conference concession stand” that she has set up on the dining room table.
 This helps us pay attention and also helps us try to remember things. My brother doesn't take notes, but he has a really good memory, so it all works out.
 It's really cool to see how taking notes actually makes the words go deeper in your mind, how to remember them faster and in greater quantity. I got so much out of this conference compared to any other conference I think. I've taken notes for about 3 or 4 years and I can see how it's really helped me to understand more and have a better knowledge of everything. It also helps me stay in tune with the spirit, so whenever I need anything, I can always ask and I know I'll get an answer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment