Apparently I'm looking up to TWO of my kids now! Savannah passed me up a few years ago in Latvia when she was 12, and now Thomas at 15 has passed me! We started keeping track of the kids' growth on our wall by our apartment door in November. I was clearly over an inch taller than Thomas on Nov. 14th, but as seen on Dec. 22nd, he grew to my height in one month! And every month since then, he has continued to grow and is only a little over an inch shorter than Savannah! We knew this day was coming, but yet thought it would never come! Rhea's height is not in the picture because she's still too short to be in this section of the wall, although she IS growing too! I just can't believe how my kids are growing in every way, not just physically. I'm so proud of them and the people they have always been and are becoming. It's so fun to watch them grow in every area of their lives. It is a point of pride though for these kids when they can say that their mother "looks up to them." ;) I really do, in more ways than one.
Thomas speaking: That's right, your boy Thomas is GROWING! A little bit ago
after church I asked to see if I was taller the mom. I'd been growing like an inch every 1- 2
months so I was just waiting to finally be taller than her. And, it turns out, I was taller than her. Haha. I'm still smaller than Savannah and dad
though. Give me a few months :)


My feet have also been growing a lot. I'm size 11.5. Some people at school would ask me why I was wearing such big shoes. I think that I'm the same size as dad in shoe sizes.
0 comments: