T's Obsession: Video Games



In the words of Thomas:
Video Games/PC Build

It was the summer of 2019 and I was working for my Dad's cousin. During breaks and lunch we would hang out at the main house. There, Heather's kids would play video games. One day I wandered in and watched Heather's son playing a Zelda game. I was confused; I thought Zelda games were old games from the Nintendo or Super Nintendo entertainment system. It looked super fun, I was confused on what he was doing. He was riding around on a horse looking for shrines? We'll skip forwards a few months: Thanksgiving. I had brought up the idea to my dad to get a Nintendo Switch for Christmas as my only gift. He seemed to not like the idea but, on Thanksgiving night I told him Breath of the Wild was on sale (Black Friday) and that if I was going to buy it, it would need to be that day. That night while I was laying in bed thinking, my parents opened the door and asked me to come out. I was scared I had done something wrong but then dad lead me into their room and I saw a photo of a Nintendo switch on his phone and was so HAPPY. ... Christmas comes around and I get my Switch. My friend Carter and Owen had one and they said that Breath of the Wild (BOTW) was the best game ever created. I tried not to spoil it (Youtube). During the rest of the break I was playing that game for hours. I think I was the perfect age. Some shrines were really hard and the divine beasts were also really hard. I defeated Ganon exactly one month after I got the game. It was the best experience of my life with Link and I just exploring this overworld, discovering shrines, items, and NPCs. It's easy, Breath of the Wild is my all time favorite game. Was it worth spending $400 just to play this game...yep. :)

So, if you didn't know, there are two things I like. Soccer and driving games. I had seen this game in the past, some game where you're hitting a ball with a car. When covid-19 hit and we were got stuck at home, I got my laptop and created a setup like it was a PC. I had gotten Rocket League and had played it a bit. From the beginning I knew it was an awesome game. But when I had it on a monitor and I was playing with a Controller, that's when it hit me. This has got to be the best muti-player game every created. My two favorite things in one game. AHHH. After our church young men's activity one day, the girls and parents weren't home so I stayed at the Titus' apartment. There we played Rocket League and I instantly FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. So then I few days later I got mom to buy it with some of my allowance money. Owen talked about it sometimes so I really want to play with him. I also convinced Carter to get it and we play every once in a while.  Carter moved to Oregon with his mom to wait out the Covid-19 thing so we call each other and play together online.  I used to go to his apartment (he's an only child so it's quiet there and his parents are nice) and we would play different games on Friday or Saturday nights.  At least I can still play online with my friend. 

Now, my thoughts are obsessed with building my own PC.  I've been doing research to learn about parts and how much they would cost.  I'm not sure if I should wait and get everything here or in China.  I want to build it now but it might cost less in China.

0 comments:

Post a Comment